Error while trying to download Outlook settings

Webcart

Verified User
Hello,

While trying to download Outlook settings at Home » redguitars.com » Email » Pop Accounts page, I get a browser error (see attachment).

Attachments

• da error.jpg
    da error.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 286
Hello,

It may because of the forced filename header that is used to set the name to be saved as..

Code:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: application/octet-stream
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=outlook_setup.reg

<file>
It may not be liking Contenet-Dispostition line. Which version of IE are you using? Also, are you using any sort of proxy that may be filtering the header?

John

Hello and thank you for your reply.

I am using IE 5.0 (which is default for Windows 2000) running on
Windows 2000 SP4.

No proxies, but may be it's worth mentioning that I am using secure connection to DA.

I'll give our copy a test with https, and we'll see if I can duplicate it. I'll let you know if I find anything.

John

Thank you.

I meanwhile checked it on Windows XP, IE6 SP1.
Same result.

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

It may because of the forced filename header that is used to set the name to be saved as..

Code:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=outlook_setup.reg

<file>
It may not be liking Contenet-Dispostition line. Which version of IE are you using? Also, are you using any sort of proxy that may be filtering the header?

John

I had a similar problem with site I was writing. Downloads worked great for Mozilla with the headers above, but IE had problems with it. After tweaking the headers a lot, I found a combination that worked on both IE and Mozilla. The one's I used were:
Code:
Content-Type: application/force-download
Content-Type: application/download
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=filename.xxx;

I don't remember which one was the one that made it work, but you may want to play with them a bit.

Hello,

Thanks, I'll give those a try (although I don't get any errors currently, so hard to debug that which isn't generating errors :) )

John

Hello,

I was wondering whether there was any progress on this issue, it seems like many users have difficulty adopting the idea of using full e-mail address as username and I was hoping this could save us a lot of support requests.

Thank you.

I have the latest version on my server and I am getting this error using IE6. As are my clients. Is this bug now fixed or is this a problem just affecting my server now?

Ah, that's IE's inability to parse the domain at the end of the link (stupid IE). I'll add "& nothing=yes" (minus the space) to the end of the request link to satisfy IE's bugs :).

John

Back