Feature: Total usage

UltimeWWW

Verified User
Hi,

We'd like to see this being included in DirectAdmin: total of all usage (disk space and bandwidth).

This way, we would be able to track down how many GB we have left and such :)

How's that?

I think you can do that already. In the admin control panel go to the Complete usage statistics section.
It has total transfered and total disk space used etc.

Isn't that what your talking about? Correct me if I'm wrong

-Jon-

Hi,

Not exactly.

If I have 20 users with 50MB, I'd like DA to do 20X50MB = 1GB so that I can see what space/bandwidth I allowed.

Oh, to see how much has been allocated?
You can do that on the stats page of the resellers. But if you mean combine all those up into one place I would agree that would be useful..

-Jon-

jmstacey said:
Oh, to see how much has been allocated?
You can do that on the stats page of the resellers. But if you mean combine all those up into one place I would agree that would be useful..

-Jon-

If you have about 12 resellers on a system you really don't want to do that manually :D
At the moment i do rough guesses how much space is left (don't want to oversell HD space) ;)

Total allocated and actual use tables would be a great addition to administrator statistical data, in my opinion at least...

Hello,

I wouldn't be too much trouble to add the admin allocation. Adding to versions system :) Just another thing to count.

John

If its in the admin account yes, since the admin doesn't have any limits I believe.

Hello,

For the Server Allocation, if *any* setting has been allocated as unlimited, anywhere along the line (allocated to Users etc), then the allocation in the server stats will show unlimited.

ie: 3 + 2 + 4 + unlimited = unlimited

John

Hello I just see that in Admin -> Complete Usage Statistics, the Allocated Disk Space and Bandwidth, are not printed correctly.

Well, in Reseller Panel I have 1371 MB web space and 79.000 MB bandwidth allocated, but in Admin -> Complete Usage Statistics I see 1471 MB web space and 89.000 MB bandwidth allocated, and the difference (100 MB space and 10.000 MB bandwith) is the one which my reseller (the only one I have) has allocated to his clients.

I also have allocated 400 MB space and 40.000 MB bandwith, for that reseller, but this seems not to appear in this section.

As a main administrator I would like to see in that section the full alocated space and bandwidth for my users and resellers, not what have those resellers alocated (this I can see if I browse the Accounts section).

ok. Right now it's just adding up the allocation for the Resellers which will leave out the Resellers own User account (although, he's generally allocated unlimited, or his own Reseller limit) so that allocation might get skewed).

Example:
Reseller limit 10:
Creates a user with 5, allocated is now 5.
Reseller's personal user limit will also be 10, allocated would then be 15 in the admin stats.

Is that was you want?

John

Not really, i was hoping for as example to total max usage a user can have.
Since i presume when a reseller has a 15 limit of something, gives 10 of it to a user, he can only use 5 for himself.
At the moment a few users here have unlimited set by their reseller which is kinda screwing it up. Can this possibly be ignored or something ?
Or add a * to the column if there's a unlimited somewhere ?

For me it's really about disk space, at the moment i've one server here that has a dual 80 GB HD, current usage by users is something around 6 or 7 GB, but allocated space is about 50 or 60 GB. But i need to know when i must stop selling stuff from this server, so i need to know how much space is exactly assigned to the users/resellers etc...

I hope this will clarify my position about the subject a bit.

Hello,

That cleared it up for me. It would basically just add up the Reseller limits.. not allocations. Would tell you the absolute maximum number of items, regardless of how many were allocated.

John

Back