User statistics

bvvelzen

Verified User
Hello,

We do our own hosting with a RH9 machine and DA as the control panel. Now we have some customer's and 1 of them has a site hosted at our place with a lot of visitors. Now the customer was almost going to exceed her 1 gig limit. But it is now reset by DA.

What is the deal with resetting the bandwidth of users. Is this at 1 specific date every month or at the beginning of every month?

Greetings.

If I remember correctly its the first of every month( based on the server time - run the command "date" to check the servers current date setting).. also try a search here, it has certainly been mentioned previously.

Chris

Ok, I searched the forums but i cannot find something useful.

But the problem is that for my customer the bandwidth was resetted a few days ago and that's not at the beginning of the month? Is there a way to find out where this can be seen of anything?

Greetings,

Hello,

Type:

date

to see what the curretn date of the server is set to. Make sure it's correct. Then, check the /etc/cron.d/directadmin_cron (Redhat) or /etc/crontab (FreeBSD) and double check the time that the "action=reset&value=all" command is being run.

John

I checked the date, and that's fine because I made my own script wich set's the time and date every day of so.

Here is my directadin_cron:
cat /etc/cron.d/directadmin_cron
* * * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/dataskq
2 0-23/6 * * * root echo 'action=vacation&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue;
5 5 * * 0 root /sbin/quotaoff -a; /sbin/quotacheck -augm; /sbin/quotaon -a;
10 0 * * * root echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
20 1 1 * * root echo 'action=reset&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
0 4 * * * root echo 'action=check&value=license' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

But i'm thinking now that I or somebody on the company did the reset all command echo'd to the task.queue to update the quota's to see if the where correct.

I think that is our problem, but how can we do that ourselve. To update the diskspace used for a user? Because the reset all function was not the good one probaly.

Greeting,

Hello,

To update the stats, you'd use the action=tally cron job:

echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

John

Back