Apache crashes out

Peter

Verified User
[Sat Feb 21 23:22:26 2004] [notice] child pid 31138 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Sat Feb 21 23:32:17 2004] [notice] child pid 31688 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Sat Feb 21 23:37:45 2004] [notice] child pid 4921 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Sat Feb 21 23:52:02 2004] [notice] child pid 32040 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Sun Feb 22 00:13:03 2004] [warn] child process 13376 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Sun Feb 22 00:13:03 2004] [warn] child process 13970 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Sun Feb 22 00:13:03 2004] [warn] child process 3527 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Sun Feb 22 00:13:03 2004] [warn] child process 10821 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Sun Feb 22 00:13:03 2004] [warn] child process 13384 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Sun Feb 22 00:13:03 2004] [warn] child process 16081 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Sun Feb 22 00:13:03 2004] [warn] child process 26733 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Sun Feb 22 00:13:12 2004] [crit] (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to port 8090

Peter said:
LOL!
Yes..... How can i solve it?

Remove the first few lines of the apache configure file until it starts with ./configure

If you need further assistance, I think I can help you (email: klantensupport _at_ sebsoft.nl )

I can't find the ./configure row, just some tagged out howto text... after that...

ServerType standalone

Hello,

I'll change the script to only use those lines if it's using freebsd. (Wrote it down this time :))

John

You can fix it by this :

cd /usr/local/directadmin/customapache
./build clean
./build update
use favorite editor to remake the configure.apache_ssl file into this :
Code:
#!/bin/sh
./configure \
        --with-apache=../apache_1.3.29 \
        --with-ssl=/usr \
        --prefix=/etc/httpd \
        --exec-prefix=/etc/httpd \
        --bindir=/usr/bin \
        --sbindir=/usr/sbin \
        --sysconfdir=/etc/httpd/conf \
        --enable-module=all \
        --enable-module=ssl \
        --enable-shared=max \
        --enable-suexec \
        --suexec-docroot=/ \
        --suexec-caller=apache \
        --suexec-userdir=public_html \
        --includedir=/usr/include/apache \
        --libexecdir=/usr/lib/apache \
        --datadir=/var/www \
        --iconsdir=/var/www/icons \
        --htdocsdir=/var/www/html \
        --manualdir=/var/www/html/manual \
        --cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin \
        --localstatedir=/var \
        --runtimedir=/var/run \
        --logfiledir=/var/log/httpd \
        --proxycachedir=/var/cache/httpd \
        --with-perl=/usr/bin/perl \
        --add-module=mod_frontpage.c \
        --disable-module=auth_db --disable-module=auth_dbm
(I thought this was the standard conf)
Personnally I use VI as editor, but I could be convinced some lesser experienced Linux users would be scared by VI's interface :D
So you should use pico or something (I just can't really remember how pico worked, haven't used it for ages)

./build all
When you've rebuild everything it says you to type :
service httpd restart

I recommend you do this...

(if you need more support, my company is happy to help)

Peter said:
Does that screw my gzip etc....?

It will recompile a number of things:
Code:
  To build everything run:
     ./build all

Other options:
     ./build php
     ./build apache_mod_ssl
     ./build gd
     ./build libjpeg
     ./build libpng
     ./build zlib
     ./build curl
     ./build mcrypt
     ./build mod_perl
     ./build mod_frontpage
     ./build frontpage_ext
     ./build webalizer
     ./build zend (not included with 'all')

But the problem is caused by a few FreeBSD lines in the configure.apache_ssl...

If you would rather want to wait 'till DA Support has released a new build version, you could set up a cronjob to restart apache every 10 or 20 minutes...

HUmm i did it, only my pgsql support is gone now... how do i get it back? When i do
Code:
./configure --with-apxs --with-curl --with-curl-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-gd --with-gd-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-gettext --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-kerberos --with-mcrypt --with-mysql --with-pear --with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-xml --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ftp --enable-magic-quotes --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql --with-openssl

It doesn't do anything...

It shouldn't do anything if you would run that...

Those configure lines in those files are used by the build script to configure PHP and Apache, you don't have to run them, just use the build script...

Peter said:
So what do i do now to rebuild with pgsql support?

Let's see, I thought this was an extra non-standard option within the PHP configure or something ?
I must admit, I have no experience with pgsql, but as far as I can remember it's not installed by default in DA (can't even find a guide to install it)...

By the way....
it still crashes out....

[Tue Feb 24 00:03:34 2004] [notice] child pid 10884 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Tue Feb 24 00:13:02 2004] [warn] child process 25489 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Tue Feb 24 00:13:02 2004] [warn] child process 23512 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Tue Feb 24 00:13:02 2004] [warn] child process 754 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Tue Feb 24 00:13:02 2004] [warn] child process 26146 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Tue Feb 24 00:13:02 2004] [warn] child process 8669 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
[Tue Feb 24 00:13:10 2004] [error] Cannot remove module mod_frontpage.c: not found in module list
[Tue Feb 24 00:13:13 2004] [crit] (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to port 8090

Hello,

Have you done a complete clean compile of everything after making the changes to the configure.apache_ssl? Do have any additinal modules installed?

Try deleting everything from /usr/lib/apache/* before doing the "./build all"

John

What i dit was ./build clean
Then i edited the file. after that i did ./build all

Didnt help....

Back