Default pop account

hebergence

Verified User
Is there any possibility to modify the default pop account created with a user ([email protected]) ?

So user allready have a pop account and only want that all their (or some) e-mails to be forwarded to another e-mail form another domain form manother ISP. Some others want a different pop account like [email protected]

How is it possible ? Thank's.

Hello,

The default pop account only exists because it comes with their unix account on the server. It can't really be removed, but there is nothing stopping them from creating their own pop accounts and setting up forwarders for everything to it. (or catch-all)

John

Modify default pop account ?

I did not think to this... but is there any possibility to modify the default pop account ?

If I'm right, the default pop account is :
- user@domain

Isn't it possible to modify it for :
- contact@domain
ou
- infos@domain
?

Isn't it possible that we set the default pop account to be [email protected], like in any linux system ?

Jérémy

Hello,

The default account *is* [email protected] (goes to the same inbox file) ... which is why you can't just delete it.. it belongs to the system. You could probably remove it from the list, but it would still have an email account.

John

Like John said...

When you create the account and the username is bobtest1234 then the first mail account created it [email protected].

Is it possible to change that user...not really, you need a unique username each time and you don't want a standard english word.

When you create the domain you don't want to use that default email account. If you do you are opening yourself up to hacking. Passwords are sent plain text and if it crosses my network I could do a tcp dump and read it. Now I know your domain and password, just think of the havoic I could cause!

You want to setup a new email account

[email protected] which has the fowards [email protected].

Second you don't want the default account to be a english word. Since it is a email account and many Spammers just spam to english words their is a good chance if that account if not checked could lead to a mailbox full of spam.

Okay,

I leave this e-mail account with a bizar name and I make like it does not exist.

Second, I set up https (;-)

Jérémy

https will not help you for email. It WILL be helpful and SHOULD be implemented for the control panel. For email you would need to enable email via SSL. Most modern mail clients support SSL email you can look into that.

Is there a way to change the password seperatly from the account since if someone hacks you while your checking your mail they'll have the password to your account.

I don't mind if it MUST be [email protected] but it should be able to change the password, don't you think?

No I do mean through the control panel. So like when a user goes to the pop account section in the email page, they have the option to change the password for the default email address so if the user wants it can differ from the actual account pasword.

I think that is not their because you can't make it differnet. The default mail account is more than just mail it is a actual *nix account. If you changed it their it would also change the login to DA.

Back