Slashdot | Two Spam Filters

It has been discussed previously (spam filters in general rather than intergration) - spam filters would probably be best kept away from being included with DirectAdmin - simply due to the fact an effective spam filter will almost always have false positives, maybe not for things such as webhosting although, as was said previously - contents of emails will vary dramatically depending on each and every individual user.

The best thing to do, that is safe, and useful is simply have a user definable spam filter that allows users for each domain to allow specific words filtered - if the email has the word then it is dropped or bounced.

I am considering writing an add-on for DA that allows spam filters such as spamassassin or RBLs to be setup and configured *very* simply and with minimal knowledge - how effective it would be is another question (providing it was done globally and affecting all users)

Chris

I am not proposing that they added to DA right now, what I think is it would be interesting to see some of us test it out. If it works anywhere near as high as they claim it would be worth it. What makes them stand out is they don't use rules or just Bayesian filtering. False positives are very very low with both of these filters based on their nature of filtering.

If you know anything about RBL's you will stay away from most of the them! They don't fix anything but cause more problems than it is worth. The only good RBLs are the ones that block open-relays like http://www.ordb.org/. DNS RBL's like SORBS does not solve anything but make a headache for network engineers who get their class C's and B's listed. Just my 2 cents!

Eitherway I am going to install one of these on a box and see how it does. It is a interesting approach.

Back