Central DNS Server / Sharing NS's

l0rdphi1

Verified User
While considering future growth of my company I came across this problem: what if I'm overselling, and one or more user(s) needs to be moved to a different server due to excessive space/bandwidth usage.

Considering DirectAdmin has the ability to move users from server to server at this time, how can I move this user w/o them having to change the name servers on their domains?

I suppose I'm asking if there's plans for a way to setup one server to handle the DNS for all other servers. (Or a method of using the same name servers for multiple servers, if possible.)

Thanks,

Phi1.

Last edited:
I think that would be a great idea.. a few people have been requesting it. I'd also like to have the ability to control multiple servers from one master server. With the API functions, in theory, we're already half way there... so I'll keep the ideas floating in around in my head until the time comes to dump them into a text editor ;)

John

*bump*

Is this the 'DA Communicator' thingy that's gonna be included in DA ver2?

Cheers,
Matt :)

Hello,

The multiserver support will probably be in this version of DA.. when I refer to "DA 2", it means that those features are too major to be done with the current servers that are out there. DA 2 won't be around for quite a while.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
DA 2 won't be around for quite a while.

Unlike other control panels that like to change version numbers weekly :D Of course those shall remain nameless :D

Why we love DA :)

Back