Complete frontend translations?

interfasys

Verified User
We don't know if and when the backend (error messages) will be translatable, but in the meantime would it be possible to allow skins to translate every button and text?

Olivier, you can write your own skin in any language you wish.

Jeff

I'm not so sure...I asked cyberalien for translations of buttons in the filemanager and he told me that those couldn't be translated in the current DA version.

I don't do skins, but still I wonder...

If nothing else why can't you/me/someone just overwrite the current locations of the buttons with new ones in a different language?

Surely the updates don't reload all the buttons.

Or do they?

Anyone?

Jeff

Hello,

Yes, they do, BUT you can just make them non-writeable by "diradmin" so the update won't overwrite the images directory or something. If you let everyhting else update, you'll have a current skin, with your own buttons.

John

And errors messages are also generated by DA I believe?

Chris

It would depend on what you mean by "buttons" .. I was thinking the gif images. But if you're referring to the <input type=submit> type buttons, those are generated by DA, so they are not in the
skins directory.

Yes, error messages are created by DA.

We are chewing on the idea of adding languages.. It would be a major overhaul, and the language files would be massive (each operation might have 10 possible error messages, so multiple that by however many things you can click...and you've got yourself a lot of work :)

John

Back