Do I create account in Admin or Reseller?

wchost

Verified User
Hello,

Currently I am helping this client to setup this server...
DA sent me the admin login but then i deleted the admin user but created a new one before that.

So, inorder my client to able to use his domain name and has his own account, do I create the domain account thru Admin Panel or in Reseller Panel?

Like..in Admin Panel..go direct to User Panel and go to Domain Administration to add the domain.

OR

Go to Reseller Panel, Create account???

-------

Well, I tried Reseller Panel to create account but then what it is appearing is I cannot login the FTP.

What should I Do? I have sent email to DA, waiting for replies!

Thanks

Hello,

All domains are created from the "User Panel". If you are creating a new User, you also have the option to specify which domain to assign him when creating the account.

For the ftp login issue, remember that system accounts login as "username" and added ftp accounts login as "[email protected]". If it's an owned IP, the main domain will use "user" for all logins.

John

Hello,

www.mcyzone.net doesn't resolve (mcyzone.net does). You need to add a "www" A record to the dns zone. Not only that, ns1 and ns2.mcyzone.net don't resolve on my end either, so you'll need A records for ns1 and ns2 as well.

John

It can't be
because they are in my A records

all of them you just mentioned

Hello,

There are quite a few things missing still.

ns1.mcyzone.net and ns2.mcyzone.net don't resolve either.. not really sure how the main domain is even working :) ... Try restarting named (I think I emailed you a new boot script for named) http://www.directadmin.com/named

Also, have you registered those ns's as nameservers at your registrars? (differnt then setting them for your domain)

John

Back