Create new database and database user

dspenkel

Hi,

I just created a new database and a new database user with the panel by filling in the 4 required fields. After that i wanted to open phpmyadmin but that fails. It says the combination user/password doesn't exist. My question is which user and password do i have to fill in? The one i just created isn't it?

Further my database was deleted and i wanted to create the same user cause i thought that user should also have been deleted. But that's not true. The user still exist! How is that possible?

My problems is thus that i can't login with phpmyadmin to work on my just created database :(

Can someone help me?

have you upgraded phpmyadmin (using the tool on the forums or by yourself?)

Also, do you get the popup requesting a username / pass or does it immediatly give an error?

Chris

I don't know if the phpmyadmin has been upgraded.

The error occurs after i filled in username and password. I can't login to the phpmyadmin.

Hello,

Try connecting manually:

mysql -uusername -p
password: password

That should let you know if the user/pass was successfully added to the DB. It's also possible that phpmyadmin isn't able to connect to the db to even test out the user/pass. Check to ensure that all the paths to the mysql.sock file are the same. (look for the actual file on the server, then set the path in the /usr/local/lib/php.ini)

John

Back