Can this be better?

jeffery

Verified User
When the user exceeds its bandwidth, his account won't be suspended immediately, since the bandwidth calculation is not real time! Is there any possible way to make him suspended when his account is out-bandwidth?

Secondly, when the user uploads file that exceed the allocated space limit, he should be suspended. In stead, I would like him to be told "Unable to upload this file", rather than suspending him!

Thanks!

Hello,

Realtime bandwidth checking would be nice.. it would eat up a fair amount of resources if you do it too often. What you can do right now is just have the action=tally&value=all run 4 times a day instead of 1 by editing the cron file.

Disk quotas will never suspend anything. The system quotas will take care of things and should prevent the uploading of more files than the user can. If you don't have system quotas built into the kernel, then obviously, the User will go over his limit. The tally (whenever it runs) will send an email to the Reseller letting him know things are being overused.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Realtime bandwidth checking would be nice.. it would eat up a fair amount of resources if you do it too often. What you can do right now is just have the action=tally&value=all run 4 times a day instead of 1 by editing the cron file.

What about a token to gather the information... then you dont have constant cron jobs running and you still get live updates within the panel (for the usage files, accessed via shell, thats another question - 2 hour cron?)

We could have something like mod_bandwidth done if you wanted live limits, although it would need to have on / off option and rewrite all configs to do such :)

Chris

ProWebUK said:
What about a token to gather the information... then you dont have constant cron jobs running and you still get live updates within the panel (for the usage files, accessed via shell, thats another question - 2 hour cron?)

We could have something like mod_bandwidth done if you wanted live limits, although it would need to have on / off option and rewrite all configs to do such :)

Chris

Hey Chris, can you tell me more about that? ;)

jeffery said:
Hey Chris, can you tell me more about that? ;)

Mod_Bandwidth?

I will try get a howto up over the next few days... to much ontop of me at the moment... so maybe more than a few days

Back