Lifetime licence ?

rahulw

Verified User
Lifetime
$129.00 / server (IP) $89.00 / server (IP)

Can some one tell me, if we buy lifetime license to use on our dedicated box, will it be good for all IP and VPS on BOX ?

I guess that's a DA internal license your datacenter is offering.

DA license is bound to a single IP (main IP usually) on the box and you can add more IPs, but installation would be the same (I mean not for the VPSs you run on the same box)

rahulw,

Internal Licenses are only for data centers that rent out servers to others. If you're going to use a license yourself, for hosting yourself or for reselling hosting, the lifetime license price is $299, with or without installation.

DirectAdmin will run on a single instance of the OS, on all IP#s but it's tied to the server's main IP# for licensing purposes.

If you're going to run multiple VPS instances for the purpose of hosting, then you'll need a separate license for each VPS instance. Special VPS pricing is available; for information write directly to DirectAdmin.

Jeff

<ShamelessPlug>We've just been approved by DA for the Internal Licensing Program.</ShamelessPlug>

:)

<ShamelessPlug>We've just been approved by DA for the Internal Licensing Program.</ShamelessPlug>
I'm not sure why you feel a plug belongs on the forum.

This doesn't give you permission to sell the licenses, or in fact to use them outside of your data center.

Just what are you trying to tell us?

Does it belong in these forums, where many of us are so approved?

Are you trying to advertise to us that you rent out servers?

I don't understand the point of your post.

Jeff

I'm not sure why you feel a plug belongs on the forum.

This doesn't give you permission to sell the licenses, or in fact to use them outside of your data center.

Just what are you trying to tell us?

Does it belong in these forums, where many of us are so approved?

Are you trying to advertise to us that you rent out servers?

I don't understand the point of your post.

Jeff
Calm down, Jeff. I was just happy that we were approved and I posted about it (obviously without putting as much thought into it as you have). No need to react like an elephant stamping on a mouse, lol.

I'm sorry if you thought that; it wasn't my intent. I was just concerned that by reading the thread some folk might get the idea a DA client could get internal pricing and sell the licenses. That, of course, isn't allowed.

Sorry 'bout that ;) .

Jeff

I'm sorry if you thought that; it wasn't my intent. I was just concerned that by reading the thread some folk might get the idea a DA client could get internal pricing and sell the licenses. That, of course, isn't allowed.

Sorry 'bout that ;) .

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff, and as I look back over the thread I see your point about people perhaps getting the wrong idea.

Cheers,
Rick

Back