Webmail errors

ChAtEr

Verified User
I've got a error @ SquirrelMail and UebiMiau. This are the errors @ SquirrelMail:
Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:143 in /var/www/html/squirrelmail-1.4.2/functions/imap_general.php on line 454
Error connecting to IMAP server: localhost.
111 : Connection refused
And @ UebiMiau:
Warning: mkdir(./tmp/_cached_templates): Permission denied in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1412
Warning: Smarty error: problem creating directory "./tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net" in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1543
Warning: Smarty error: problem writing './tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net/login.php.' in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1543
Warning: fetch(./tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net/login.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 633
Warning: fetch(): Failed opening './tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net/login.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 633

I think that there is somethin wrong with the IMAP service. I think that this service not is installed, how install I it? I use DA 1.21.1.

cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts

./imapd.sh

to reinstall uebimiau (them errors look like permissions rather than imap connections)

./webmail.sh

Chris

ProWebUK said:

./imapd.sh

to reinstall uebimiau (them errors look like permissions rather than imap connections)

./webmail.sh

Chris

[root@xerionhosting scripts]# ./imapd.sh
xinetd: unrecognized service
[root@xerionhosting scripts]# ./webmail.sh
[root@xerionhosting scripts]#

Those look like error with IMAP not running. Have you check a account with a normal mail client Outlook Express or Mail.app for example?

Check out:

/usr/sbin for imapd

If you don't have it then you can get it from

Code:
wget -O /usr/sbin/imapd [url]http://files.directadmin.com/services/9.0/imapd[/url]
chmod 755 /usr/sbin/imapd

imapd.sh gets that file sets the permissions, then adds the xinetd configuration file... from the sounds of things you don't have xinetd on your server and thats why it's failing.

Chris

existenz said:
Those look like error with IMAP not running. Have you check a account with a normal mail client Outlook Express or Mail.app for example?

Check out:

/usr/sbin for imapd

If you don't have it then you can get it from

Code:
wget -O /usr/sbin/imapd [url]http://files.directadmin.com/services/9.0/imapd[/url]
chmod 755 /usr/sbin/imapd

This was already done.

ProWebUK said:
imapd.sh gets that file sets the permissions, then adds the xinetd configuration file... from the sounds of things you don't have xinetd on your server and thats why it's failing.

Chris

[root@xerionhosting scripts]# ./imapd.sh
Stopping xinetd: [ OK ]
Starting xinetd: [ OK ]
[root@xerionhosting scripts]#

And now i get the following error @ SquirrelMail:

Error opening ../data/default_pref
Could not create initial preference file!
../data/ should be writable by user apache
Please contact your system administrator and report this error.

The permissions on the data directory is wrong. If you ssh into your box and look at the /var/www/html/squirrelmail. Try 700...

Or do a reinstall of SM if it still fails..

./squirrelmail.sh

Chris

Back