Back up function

overhosted

Verified User
Hello,

I have a question about the new backup function,
when I try to restore a backup on my new server, it just keeps saying i don't own the old ip.

But after 10 times i now for sure that is selected to use the new ip. Does anyone know a workaround?

I also sended a email to the support, not response yet...:(

I have to change server tonight!

Thank You,

Kevin Overtoom

I think? this is a known issue. I have emailed support about this. I was moving users from one DA box to another and was able to get it to swap to the new ip but none of the files in the public_html nor the MySQL db seem to be restored.

Since it has been commented by John that he may need to make the backup work differently for each OS I have tried on FBSD 4.x and 5.x.

If you want to try you can while doing the store select to use the shared ip address.

There seem to be a few weird issues with the restore function which need to be looked at. It works fine for all the build systems we use, but there are 1 or 2 things that need to be fixed (after we figure out how to duplicate them) as we've had a few clients send us emails.

John

John,

A quick question: Are the downloads the are FTPed in the new backup function different to the regular user backups? Because with the old backups, they were in .tar.gz, and you could open them up and browse around. With the new ones, once you've decompressed it, it's just one file with an odd extension. Is that normal?

PS Congrats on the new function, works wonders!

Matt :)

Hello,

The files should be exactly the same. The user should be able to make a full backup, give it to another host and that host should be able to use it to create his account. What "odd" extension do you see?

To manually create/restore files, we do have a workaround:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=326

Ftp can be done that was too, but it gets really long and ugly to do manually.

John

The file inside the .tar.gz file is called 'DSP53', with no extension (sorry about that).

Is that normal?

Thanks,
Matt :)

Not sure. I've never seen that before.. what are you using to extract the tar.gz? Try "tar xvzfp file.tar.gz"

John

That's odd...

I just SSHed to my server and untarred a test backup file there with no problems. The problem is only when I'm using my Windows untar client; it used to open the old backups with no problem, but not the new ones.

It's probably an issue at my end.

Matt

Back