Sendmail Binary

jft1469

Verified User
I have gotten fairly good at designing how a website should look, but am just begining to learn the other aspects of it. At the current time, I am trying to learnhow Form Mail works, and after reading up on it, i cant tell what i am doing wrong, I was wondering what goes under $mailprog....is it: "usr/sbin/sendmail -o -t ? Again any help would be greatlt appreciated, and pardon my ignorance.

DirectAdmin replaces sendmail with exim. Their is a symbolic link so that if any script looks for it in the normal place it will end up using exim. As for the switches -o -t you should be fine with it just the way you are. If not just remove all the switches from any script you get that calls exim.

The alternative is you can search out and replace the path with exim directly.

how do I switch it to exim, again sorry for my ignorance, what would the path be? to do a basic forms page, should I use Form Mail?

Hello,

Not sure if it's a typo, but make sure you have a leading forward slash in the sendmail path: "/usr/sbin/sendmail"

It should work exactly as if sendmail were there, the scripts need not worry about the mailer.

John

this is the error i am getting on the test page:

The form attempting to use FormMail resides at http://www.thetunks.com:2222/CMD_FI...uestions.org/public_html/cgi-bin/testFM.html, which is not allowed to access this cgi script.
If you are attempting to configure FormMail to run with this form, you need to add the following to @referers, explained in detail in the README file.

Add 'www.thetunks.com' to your @referers array.

this is what my formmail.pl file has:

$DEBUGGING = 1;
$emulate_matts_code= 0;
$secure = 1;
$allow_empty_ref = 1;
$max_recipients = 5;
$mailprog = '/usr/sbin/sendmail/'
$postmaster = '[email protected]';'[email protected]'
@referers = qw(www.thetunks.com);(www.mortgagequestions.org)
@allow_mail_to = qw([email protected]);([email protected])
@recipients = ();
%recipient_alias = ();
@valid_ENV = qw(REMOTE_HOST REMOTE_ADDR REMOTE_USER HTTP_USER_AGENT);
$locale = '';
$charset = 'iso-8859-1';
$date_fmt = '%A, %B %d, %Y at %H:%M:%S';
$style = '/css/nms.css';
$no_content = 0;
$double_spacing = 1;
$wrap_text = 0;
$wrap_style = 1;
$send_confirmation_mail = 0;
$confirmation_text = <<'END_OF_CONFIRMATION';

jft1469 said:
It looks as if you're trying to run FormMail from a temporary URL until the real URL resolves.
which is not allowed to access this cgi script.
If you are attempting to configure FormMail to run with this form, you need to add the following to @referers, explained in detail in the README file.
This error comes from FormMail, so it means your copy of FormMail is working correctly. It also means you're using a copy of FormMail that has been hardened to protect hackers from using it to relay email through your server.

What you need to do is edit the FormMail script you're using to add the domain name, exactly as you intend for it to be called, to the referrers array.
I've never seen the done quite that way; my perl coding experience would do it this way:
Code:
@referers = ('www.thetunks.com','www.mortgagequestions.org');
I've got a more secure version of FormMail.pl I'll be happy to send you if you'd like, but it comes with a different set of security settings. It's well documented; let me know if you'd like it.

Jeff

Back