Portal | Start Page

existenz

Verified User
We were thinking of installing a portal system. I don't want PHPNuke. What we were thinking of something like http://my.yahoo.com/. Anyone know of a PHP or Perl script that can do anything like this?

The think is possibly I am not understanding but none of them are like my.yahoo.com. They all share the same problem the content is not customizable and it is not automated.

We have been building one in-house out of javascript and php. It will do what we want but I would rather find something that works like my.yahoo.com or my.msn.com where they can have customizable content.

Thanks for the links I will go though all the links to see if I can find anyone that is better.

due to the complications of this which would be as to what to customise this would be a large program and the database file would be large with a fairly high CPU usage if it was busy so the only way I can see is build your own

What I am talking about would not be the size of yahoo it would be for our customers. And there are many such script but most of them are not open source. I know of 2 projects that do this currently but that are severely out dataed.

We have one that was developed in-house with javascript and some simple php and a cookie.

On to my next question, just shy of purchase Zend which would not work, does anyone know of a javascript source encoder? We want to put this site online but need to protect parts of the javascript source. We have tried a few encoders that work but some of the are VERY slow to decode.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Back