SMTP Fail

anesiem

Verified User
Hi,

I deal with prowebspace and they moved me to the new server using DirectAdmin
I have problem sending mail through outlook express

here is the error message
The connection to the server has failed. Account: '[email protected]', Server: 'mail.techmancanada.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

can you help to fix it .. please
thanks

yes .. I tried to do every thing even I changed my smtp from mail.techmancanada.com to 64.246.48.78 and still not work

Thanks

hi,

I don't use SSL at all and i have no setting for SSL
however, this messages tell me that it can't reach to the SMTP port

thanks

anesiem,

As I said in my e-mail to you, please give me access to that account (or create me another POP3 account) to see if I can get that error on my end. "No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" means your local computer is unable to open the connection.

Mark

You might also make sure your ISP is not blocking connections to port 25. Many ISPs do block port 25 these days.

I have another mail accounts uses another SMTP other than my ISP and works fine .,. I don't think this is the problem :-(

You may want to try again -- we went on the server and fixed the problem -- sending SMTP mail from techmancanada.com is working fine.

Great, it's working now .. Thanks a lot
I wonder what was the problem
is it some thing I did wrong? thanks again

Hi,

One for John or Mark:

I've got a customer who can't send mail using the SMTP outgoing server on my DA reseller account.

She uses Outlook Express. I set up the same account on my workstation, and finally figured all she needed to do was enable smtp authentication.

She's tried that but she says all it does is hang. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Matt

Ok, the customer sent me the error messaging she was getting:

The connection to the server has failed.
Account '[email protected]
Server: 'mail.coffeebee.com' Protocol SMTP , Port 25, Secure (SSL) no,
socket Error 10051 Error number Ox800CCC0E

It's the same error, but what did you do to fix it John?

Cheers,
Matt

Solved!

She uses MSN ISP, and that link you sent me says:

This behavior can occur because MSN does not allow messages to be sent to another Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server while you are connected to their network.

Thanks! :D:D:D

Matt

Back