user-prefs spamassassin

koudou

Verified User
Never ending story of spam ...

I have installed MailScanner with clamAV (antivirus) and spamassassin (not linked with MailScanner).

Everything works fine, but I still have it only at server level.

My next step should be to have the same service that DA gives on domain level : give the domain manager (what DA calls a user but is an admin on domain level) the capability to personnalize his anti-spam like DA does today with blocking.

1. Spamassassin says that I just have to get a user_prefs file in ~user/directory

I tried different places under /home/username/ but nothing happens (and I reboot everytime because I haven't found how to kill spamd -d).

Anybody knowing where I have to put this #@$£!# file and if there is something in local.cf to tell spamassassin to look in (I checked and re-checked with no success)

Anybody having the same wishes ?
Anybody who solve the problem yet ?

2. Once we know where is this file, is it possible to have a new item in email menu, similar to filters to configure this file (telling that this option is usable only if spamassassin is installed on the server etc...) ?

-> score of spam
-> what to do with spam
-> subject header for spam
-> X-Spam-domain personalisation
(put an extra header like X-Spam-mydomainname spamassassin filter by mydomainanme

And I propose that by default, the black and white list indicators point to DA ones

Do you think this is a good idea ?

Michel Lo

Hello,

We would like to set that up, but it currently isn't. We've got a few other major features in the works at the moment, but in the future it will come :)

John

John,

I'm very anxious about this functionality.
More and more of my customers are screaming for a spam solution.
I heave spamassassin working flawlessly, but my customers can't control it.

Can you give an estimated period of time when this feature will be available?

I really don't wanna make changes on my server by myself, not knowing what new forthcoming updates can change my system.

Mark

I believe jlasman is working on a new exim.conf, so once that's done, then we'll be able to add an interface for it. I think he's done and just doing the documentation (correct me if I'm wrong).

John

I have the new exim.conf file and I'm using it.

It works great; I'm down from over 10,000 spams a day to less than I can count on both hands.

It uses RBLs, not SpamAssassin type analysis.

However, it doesn't work to the user level but only to the domain level, and it can only be turned on or off per domain.

That's probably as far as I'm going to go with it here, because it works for us and for our hosting clients.

I'm working with a group that's going to go further with it for a commercial service, but I doubt they'll just give it away :rolleyes: .

When it's ready I'll post it on my nobaloney.net site with a link here in the forums.

Under what topic should I post the link?

Jeff

This is exactly what I wanted to do on my system

Can anyone tell me where to find help for this ? a tutorial ?

Back