Can't create FTP login

MarkF

Verified User
Hi,

I've created an account from my reseller menu & upped the number of ftp accounts it can have to 5.

I then create a subdomain for that account.

I then log into that account, look at the stats & it says 5 ftp accounts are allowed and the subdomain is there.

I then go to the FTP menu and select create ftp account.

I follow the DA instructions and give the ftp login name the same name as the subdomain, enter password & select user as the ftp type.
Click create.

I get taken back to the FTP menu, but there's no new FTP account.

I've tried this several times, including not trying to associate the ftp logon with the subdomain (different names etc), but still can't create a ftp login!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mark

Hello,

Are you creating the subdomain as a basic subdomain, or as a whole new domain? Is the account an assigned ip account or a shared account? Could you send you reseller login/pass, user login/pass and ip to support@directadmin, so we can see what's going on, first hand.

John

Hi,

I just created a subdomain in the user account from the subdomain menu.

My host hasn't supplied me with my own IP address, so I guess it's shared.

Will you send you details as requested shortly.

Thanks,
Mark

This is not an answer to your problem, but...

It's my opinion that this support forum should be used for DirectAdmin clients ONLY. Not hosts who can't handle their own problems and tell their clients to post here for a direct answer from Mark or John.

MarkF, this is an issue you should bring up with your provider, not with DirectAdmin. Let him work it out, and if he can't do it, then he should contact DirectAdmin support and provide you with an answer.

Back