Generation of password

wdv

Verified User
Hey,

Would it be possible to add the feature that DirectAdmin can generate a password by itself on account creation?

Its a 5 minute job to add a password generator in DA that you could copy and paste into the password box...

Typically what advanced password users use, is a premade php script that encrypts a word in md5 multiple times....... you have a large password with no dictionary words thats random numbers and letters, that will of course be in a different sequence for each user... having the password in plain text on the panel probably isn't the best of ideas if you're trying to increase security.

Chris

ProWebUK,

I think you misunderstood me.

What I meant was, it would be nice to have an option to choose "Auto generate password" instead of using a 3rd party password generator every time when creating a new account.

Of course I am talking here about passwords with random characters, no actual words.

I understood that, what im saying is, why have it as a feature when its a click away anyway, if you want it in the panel, just edit the skin to place a password above the generated form?

(or am i missing something..?)

Chris

It seems to me that what you're missing is he wants it done for him :) .
We use /usr/bin/mkpasswd to create passwords on our RHL 9 desktops; we have a dos program that'll do it for anyone using Windows.

Jeff

ProWebUK,

OK, then I misunderstood you :p

Just thought it would be a nice feature. I do have a selfmade password generator script, but it would be one copy/paste less on account creation if it was in DA itself :p

Back