Problem with translating Filemanager

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxlF

Verified User
Hi,

i've started to translate DA in german. But I have Problems with the Filemanager!

editing /enhanced/user/filemanager/main.html:

I changed

Code:
|DIRECTORYLIST|

to

Code:
|$/usr/local/bin/php
<?php
$data = <<<END
|DIRECTORYLIST|
END;
$data = str_replace("Up a Level", "eine Ebene höher", $data);
$data = str_replace("Size", "Größe", $data);
$data = str_replace("Rename", "Umbenennen", $data);
$data = str_replace("Copy", "Kopieren", $data);
$data = str_replace("Delete", "Löschen", $data);
$data = str_replace("Protect", "Passwortschutz", $data);
$data = str_replace("set Permission", "Berechtigungen", $data);
$data = str_replace("Add to Clipboard", "Zur Zwischenablage hinzufügen", $data);
echo $data;
?>
DONE|

But none of my translations are shown.
In other templates it works.

What is my problem ??

Regards,
Alexander

Hello,

I'm assuming this is the same person who I replied to earlier via email. ;)

In any case for anyone else curious, the filemanager is chrooted, so DA will do what it can with your scripts ahead of time (pre-chroot), but once chrooted, /usr/local/bin/php won't be able to be seen, thus the scripts won't work in the filemanager.
In theory putting them in /home/username/usr/local/bin/php will, but the pre-chroot run may pre-empt any previous run from happening (I forget how it's coded), but adding a php binary and all libs to each user's home directory may be a lot of work anyway.

John

Hello,

I'm assuming this is the same person who I replied to earlier via email. ;)

Yes :) Urgent things via mail the rest in the forum .
I don't want to stress you so much ;)

In any case for anyone else curious, the filemanager is chrooted, so DA will do what it can with your scripts ahead of time (pre-chroot), but once chrooted, /usr/local/bin/php won't be able to be seen, thus the scripts won't work in the filemanager.
In theory putting them in /home/username/usr/local/bin/php will, but the pre-chroot run may pre-empt any previous run from happening (I forget how it's coded), but adding a php binary and all libs to each user's home directory may be a lot of work anyway.

John

Hm... So there is no way to translate the File Manager?

Do you plan to renew the templating system?

Or precisely, do you plan to use some (<10) XML or .po Files to handle translations?

I'm not feeling comfortable with the mix of language files and scripting in template files...

That would be my desired feature!
DA has everything I need, except a smooth way to translate...

On our wishlist is a set of language files in the skin language packs that would apply to the hardcoded values, so language packs would be centralized as they are now, without any mess as it stands. The reason we have not started is because finishing such a conversion would involve a heafty amount of code rewrite internally to DA, plus the creation of 10,000 lines of text with variables/IDs for each text entry.. which would be time consuming (every error message, text entry, table header, etc). As mentioned, it is on our wishlist, it's just a matter of priority with other features and time.

John

I haven't got the time to look for all the different variables and what they contain, if I had such an option I would buy directadmin streight away. As it is I'm stuck with Cpanel and Plesk for the time being. However if someone posted the english contents of each variable, it would make it alot less time consuming to translate direct admin and I might concider doing this.

It's a shame as directadmin is a good product for companies with english speaking customers.

When I open my company to english customers I will use directadmin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back