v1.211 gettext problem found

existenz

Verified User
I just installed a fresh copy of FBSD 5.2.1-R. One two different system I got the following error:

Code:
pkg_add: package 'gd-2.0.15_1,1' or its older version already installed
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.5" not found
Unable to download /usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz

I have the latest gettext and gd. So I went into the /usr/local/lib and do a link from libintl.so.6 to libintl.so.5.

You may want to look into this...

When you installed FBSD did you have compat4x selected?

This reminds me to hint the DA team to put this package into setup.sh as it creates symlinks and installs backwards compatible libraries.

I second that and yes. I tried it again last night with 1.212 and it worked? It know what the problem was it was just strange that I kept having it.

Just wanted to bring to the attention that I am still having this issue with new 5.2.1-p3 boxes. It looks like is a gettext issue.

Code:
Error: FTP Unable to get [url]ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.2.1-release/Latest/compat4x.tbz:[/url] File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.2.1-release/Latest/compat4x.tbz' by URL
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.5" not found
Unable to download /usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz

Is anyone seeing this during the install? libintl.so.4, .5 or .6 exist. I know how to fix it I just wondering if anyone else found a simular problem?

I had this too a while back.. Sometimes they close the binary port section you can retrieve from that ftp site and then after a few days it opens again.. Do not know the exact reason..

Back