Reminders to Jeff

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
If I recall correctly.. the paths in the /etc/exim.conf are just /home/$username .. instead of finding the true home directory path for that user from the /etc/passwd file (which would be a bit messy, but correct).

With Maildir/Dovecot, there would be 2 entires in the /etc/exim.conf
Code:
directory = /home/$local_part/Maildir/

directory = /home/${lookup{$domain}lsearch*{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}/imap/${domain}/${local_part}/Maildir
Notice the hardcoded /home/ bit..
Basically, the /home/user part needs to be replaced with a variable.

I found this thread here:
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18190&highlight=/etc/passwd+directory
But making it work will add some overhead (I believe why it was left as-is)
Post #12 shows the long/messier correct version that does multiple "hits" on lookups files, hence the slowdown, but it's correct.

New versions:
Code:
directory = "${extract{5}{:}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/passwd}{$value}}}}/"

directory = "${extract{5}{:}{${lookup{${lookup{$domain}lsearch*{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}}lsearch{/etc/passwd}{$value}}}}/imap/${domain}/${local_part}/Maildir"
John

make spamblocker work in multiple /home directories

The post(s) in this thread are here as a reminder to me when I finish up SpamBlocker3.

Jeff

Well it's getting there. The most recent 3.1-beta was an emergency release as many of us were/are still getting hit with a 100- to 1000-fold increase in spam getting through the old SpamBlocker code. But we're moving very quickly now towards a final release.

Jeff

Back