Cannot create new account

dicon

Verified User
Hi

I am trying to create a new user on direct admin but it is coming back with a message "cannot create user, user already exsists".

Right, i have a domain already on there called cuckoocloud.com but also want to put cuckoocloud.co.uk on there but DA is obviously mistaking the .co.uk account for the .com account.

Anyone come across this one before?
Regards
Dicon

Try running the useradd command manually...

useradd testusername

Also, was the username previously used by another account that was deleted?

Chris

Hi Chris

i have tried to add new user but still the same message. I think it a domain issue rather than a username issue. I'm no expert in this :( but from what i can tell is that DA is confusing both cuckoocloud's (.co.uk & .com) as the same even through cuckoocloud.com is already active.

Regards
Dicon

Just tried adding a domain in .co.uk and .com formats and it works fine here...

If you are in reseller level > create user... try another username and see if that makes any difference.

Chris

Hi Chris

I've tried a different user namea different password and even a different ip address and it's still stating the domain already exists when it does'nt

Regards
Dicon

dicon said:
it's still stating the domain already exists when it does'nt

Domain already exists, or User already exists? (your first post said user ;) )

if its the domain... log into shell:

cd /var/named
ls -la

is there a domain.co.uk.db there?

Chris

i dont think i have authorisation to do that i have ftp'ed my reseller account and in the root directory of my shared ip is
domain
mail
public_html

I cant get no shell, but i think i used to, maybe the company i rent the reseller space from has stopped me :(

Regards
Dicon

ah, thought the system was yours.... you will need to contact your host and have them check it.

Chris

Back