Exim problems.

Romedchim

Verified User
Hi,

I have a FreeBSD/DA server, no modifications on it.

1. I have setup a domain on it and apparently emails are not sent from that domain.

2. Also, emails sent to users from DA are not passing so it is most probably a configuration problem at DA install, as I have not made any changes to the initial config.

3. Webmail isn't working also.

Basically, the install done by whoever is doing it is completely messed up, sorry for having to say this.

Catalin

Last edited:
Hello,

1) what do you mean by "emails are not sent from that domain"

2) what do you mean by "are not passing"

3) Run this:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./webmail.sh

In general, you'll want to make sure that your hostname resolves, and that your hostname is *not* a domain on the server. For example, if you have domain.com on the server, make sure you don't set your hostname to domain.com. A valid hostname would be server.hostname.com. If they arn't different, then all system emails will be funneled to the catch-all of domain.com, which is not what you want ;)

John

Emails

Hello,

1. You're right, I think I was a little disturbed when I wrote this, of course email cannot be used for that domain.

2. When trying to send a email using DAdmin I receive an error message. Login in webmail isn't working, squirrel mail is displaying a 404 error page, account setup emails sent from DAdmin are not received.

3. Already did this, as described in the forums.

The hostname is OK, I have opened a ticket so you will be able to check this, but I am 99% sure that there are no problems with this.

Catalin

Hello,

/dev/null wasn't writeable by all, so I chmodded so it's now:

crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 2, 2 Mar 10 03:01 null

was:
crw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 2, 2 Mar 10 03:01 null

John

Back