Apache 2.x is supported ??

garyhui

Verified User
i am really interested to buy a licence.
but i'd like to know something.

1. does DA support apache 2.x ?
2. why recommended don't install apache and mysql packages ? cos the up2date is really convenience to me to update all the security hole..( no need to check the version one by one, just simply click up2date..very convenient)

3. Will DA support Tomcat 4.x ( i mean got an interface to let me do administration on tomcat)?

Hello,

1. We havn't tested with apache 2.x. If you want to see if you can get it to work, you are free to try. I believe that the vhosts should be setup the same as in 1.3.x, so in *theory* it should work... no guarantees.

2. Our version of apache has frontpage extensions installed and we also use our customapache script, which will compile apache from scratch. As for up2date, we are very close to supporting it, but still can't give the green light on it. A few people have run it.. from what we've seen, it just ovewrites our installed version of apache, so we'll just have add apache to the "do not install" list for up2date...

3. We don't really have any plans on supporting it, but anything can happen in the future. By all means, if you want to install it yourself, be me guest :)

John

Back