Backup - Move users form server1 to server2

Firehosting

Verified User
Hello,

When I create a backup at server1 (With reseller name Firehostin) from a user and i will restore it at server2 (with reseller name Marcel)
there is a problem.

It make's the username but not put the userfile's in de public_html dir.
Only subdir. will be created but they are empty. No HTML-file's will be shown in the public_html dir.

How can I move users from server1 to server2, without chanching user passwords e.d?

Marcel.

Hello,

What OS are you using?
What version of DA are you using? (try upgrading to 1.21.2)
Is the restore generating any errors?
What happens when you try and extract the file manually:
tar xvzf file.tar.gz

The passwords should be saved when restoring the user. DA restores the encrypted password so a password change *shouldn't* be needed.

John

OS = FreeBSD

DA = 1.21.2

The restore doesn't report any errors.

When i extract the file's it's make a dir. domains/domain.ext whith the file's.

Where do i place this dir?

I'm not good in freebsd/linux, only basic things...

Marcel.

You'd put it in /hom/username to give you /home/username/domains/domain.ext

Is the domain being added to the User's domain list?

John

Hello,

Where can i find that in the CP?
It would depend on what skin you're using... the list below is referring to the default skin.. the "User Panel" is where the User would start from when they're logged in. You should see the rest from there. "Domain Administration" might be worded slightly differently, such as "Host Additional Domains" for older skins.

Also, for FreeBSD users, a path bug has been found with respect to extracting files in the /home/username/domains directory:

http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=338

John

What is the permission on the public_html folder? If it's 710, then the group *must* be apache. If it's 755, then it doesn't matter.

Also, make sure that the /home/username/public_html symbolic link exists. If not, go to User Panel -> Advanced Options -> Domain Administration -> Select the domain, and click "Set As Default" to create the link.

John

I also moved servers and had this problem but heres what you do.

Apply the untar patch if you don't have 1.21.3
Then restore the files normally, then you go through each account and into the domain page, check their domain and select make default and it works (at least for me :D )

Running FreeBSD 4.9
DA 1.21.2

Back