PDA problem

Peter

Verified User
A client of mine has a PDA (HP 5450)

We set mail etc everything alright, but the mail just isn't getting in.

"mail cannot be downloaded" etc.... Verification etc, all are correct, it just isn't downloading the e-mail...

Please help.

Thanks.

Hello,

Haven't a clue what the problem is.. never used a pda. If there are issues with exim or vm-pop3d, it would be in the logs. But it might be the client on the PDA as well, in which case I wouldn't be able to offer any support.

John

Heared it could have something to do with Secure connections, how do i make VM-POP3D accept SSL connections?

I have the same problem with someone who uses a Pocket PC. All settings are correct (tried and tested extensively), but it refuses to download any mail. The e-mailclient succesfully logs on to the server, and then keeps coming up with: "Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your e-mail account settings are correct. Then, try to download message again."

The worst thing is: if he tries it with another mailbox, located on another (not-DA) server, everything works correct...

PDA problem. Any clue?

I have same problem with PDA. I have to create seperate account for few client with PDA only for pop3.

Plesk site work fine with PDA but DA does not work with PDA.
They login O.K. but can not download e-mail....

Anyone solve the problem?

PDA Email Problem

This is an old thread, but I get exactly the same problem where I try and download email to my pda i get this error:

"Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure that you are connected and that your e-mail account settings are correct. Then, try to download the messages again."

Now when I have my pda connected to my laptop and it connects to the mail server via the laptop, it works fine!!! Outlook never has any problem, nor in fact does Outlook Express. All my other accounts work fine on the PDA.

Please can anyone help me!!!

Carl.

Bump.

I've got exactly the same problem w/ a Verizon i700 Samsung. Verizon even tried the new i730 model and no go. Can we get someone to look into this? It works fine on my DirectAdmin servers???

I am attempting to connect via POP3 with a Verizon Samsung I730 PDA and haven't had any luck.

Tailing the maillog, I see the connect and the username, then I get a pda message that the files can not be downloaded.

I am able to use the pda to connect to yahoo's POP and also Gmail.

any suggestions?

Dan

This thread was started over a year ago. Any comments on it's resolution from support?

For what's worth it :p I've got the same problems on my PDA and Java enabled Smart Phone.

I only got it fixed by using IMAP on my Smart Phone and Installing a non-standard e-mail client on my PDA.

VM-Pop3d logs don't show any information about it. It just logs in and that's it.. log stop for that session and got a error from the client as stated above a couple of times.

There's probably a command VM-Pop3d just ignores that these email clients use or VM-Pop3d handles some commands different.

Same problem here on my PDA. I guess pocketoutlook doesn't understand the popd or vice versa on a DA server. Nasty problem since more and more customers are getting PDA's. Resolution would be appreciated....

vm-pop3d had a lot of problems with pda based email clients. At least I remember reading about a lot of those problems on their mailing list. Perhaps you might want try it with the Dovecot server, it might handle the PDA clients a lot better.

I don't know if this is a red herring or useful, but we have a client making heavy use of Blackberry systems with several email addresses using his standard DA setup. No problems with email at all.

Jeff

Has anyone solved this problem ?

More and more of my clients are complaining that pop3 does not work from a pda.

Imap works but not pop3.

I just solved something similar for 2 clients.

Sounds too simple but my two were solved by just switching their phone settings to check IMAP instead of POP3

Rob

Back