New API's or End User Pane

existenz

Verified User
I was working on a project and I think I just hit the wall.

You are using the API's and want a end user user1 for example be able to change his password, or modify something how can you with the API's?

Let just take a simple example such as changing your password.

Don't you think that end users should have a special area to login or have I missed something? I can't believe I am asking this... :confused:

thanks everyone!

You should be able to use the command HTM_PASSWD, although its untested (by me..) :)

Chris

I will look into the syntax but what lest anyone from knowing someone's username from changing their password.

And if the above is the case don't we need a feature that will allow for password reminders?

Hello,

what lest anyone from knowing someone's username from changing their password?
The fact that through the api:
1) you have to be logged in before you can change your password
2) you have to know your old password to change your password.

Password reminders are in theory possible. Just note that passwords are one-way encrypted so the actual password wouldn't be able to be retrieved.

John

Rather than a password reminder, what about a "reset password" feature? This could work via an added link on the login page, 'Forgot Password?' or something. When clicked, the user would be prompted for a username, and afterwards an email would be sent to the address on the inputted user's DA account. This dispatched email should ask the user if he/she'd like to reset his/her password. Upon agreement (clicking a link in the email), the user's password should be reset to a random string, which would also be emailed to the user's email address. After logging in the user could easily change their password to whatever they like. This is how I believe vBulletin also handles password resetting.

So how about the users changing things?

I would like to see a end user (with access) be able to create forwards, make a new mailing list possibly a shell account? I as a user would want somewhere to login and make password changes etc. 99% of the technology is already bundeled into DA.

I always thought when I started using DA that the User tab was redundant. So what! everyone needs to start off as a reseller. All the users on the machine should be listed under the user pane for the admin and as each reseller you would only see the users from the sites you host in your reseller's user pane.

I might be talking about things covered previously. It would make this so much easier to use.

Back