DNS Management -- Alphabetical List?

SlashChick

Verified User
DNS Management is fairly cumbersome in DA, especially with many domains to manage. Yesterday, I needed to add a subdomain to simpli.biz, except that there were about 30 pages of domains between where I was and simpli.biz, with no easy way to get there and quickly edit simpli.biz.

I have a few suggestions on how to fix this:

1) Make clickable links to every letter of the alphabet. I've attached a screenshot from enom.com's domain manager below; this is how I think it should look (a b c .... show all.)

2) Make a "quick link" to edit a domain (again, this is shown in the eNom screenshot below.) I know you can do this by going to Advanced Search, but have you looked at the Advanced Search lately for domains? It's pretty broken and not very useful. It really needs to be on the front page along with add a zone (in fact, I honestly think it's more important than add a zone.) This goes for finding a specific user, too, but that's another thread.

Also, a final suggestion: make sure that domain names work in DNS even if you don't add the period after the domain name; that is, automatically add the period if it's not already there. This is so critically important for newbies and for usability in general. Maybe this has already been done, but it doesn't appear to work from my end. If it does work, thank you.

Sorry, the forum ate my attachment. Here it is.

Attachments

• enom.gif
    enom.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 248
I agree with the quick link alphabets, but there is a search function that you could have used to find your domain isn't there?

Noted. I agree and will figure something out.. possibly the alphabetical list.

For now, click "Advanced Search", and setup:
Domain: contains (or equals)
domain.com
and click search.

I could add a "Starts with" option, then just add an html link to automatically do the advanced search option.

John

The Advanced Search does work as described by John, but it is also confusing. IMHO, you should remove it completely in favor of a search feature on the bottom of each page. Perhaps put the contains/equals/starts with in a drop-down next to the domain name you wish to search for at the bottom, with the search defaulting to "contains". That and the clickable alphabet buttons should eliminate the need for Advanced Search entirely.

How about (don't know how intensive this would be)

Why not just have a breakdown 0 - 9, a - z. You can see the default listing and then if you click a for example you would get all the domain that start with a

Back