CustomBuild - roundcube missing access to folders?

sdible

Verified User
So, I'm considering moving to CustomBuild from CustomApache. One reason that I'm interested is for the ability to have roundcube as a default mail client. I'm also interested in Dovecot, but I'm not sure what advantage it really gives me...

I'm not quite ready to take the plunge in to doing everything with CustomBuilde, so I did a update and ./build roundcoube and found that it worked splendidly.

I can access roundcube in all my control panels now. However... I notice that I don't have access to any folders that may have been created with another mail application or that were created with squirrelmail. I only have access to the default INBOX.

Is there something that I missed?

I'm worried that if I do a custombuild for everything like I would like to, I may break something already running, or loose access to these mailboxes permanently...

Any input/advice?

So, I'm considering moving to CustomBuild from CustomApache. One reason that I'm interested is for the ability to have roundcube as a default mail client. I'm also interested in Dovecot, but I'm not sure what advantage it really gives me...

I'm not quite ready to take the plunge in to doing everything with CustomBuilde, so I did a update and ./build roundcoube and found that it worked splendidly.

I can access roundcube in all my control panels now. However... I notice that I don't have access to any folders that may have been created with another mail application or that were created with squirrelmail. I only have access to the default INBOX.

Is there something that I missed?

I'm worried that if I do a custombuild for everything like I would like to, I may break something already running, or loose access to these mailboxes permanently...

Any input/advice?

If there is one thing in my custombuild problems i experience, i must admit that after switching to dovecot (take precautions and follow knowledgebase dovecot howto, it worked fine for me), exim / Dovecot / roundcube works with no problems (which is not the case of : uebimiau, squirrelmail, that got broken in custombuild...)

Yours...

I don't really care about uebimail...

If squirrelmail doesn't work properly, that could be a problem... That is what most of my users use now for their mail.

I still don't understand why roundcube only shows the INBOX after I build it...

Any thoughts on that?

You need to rename your folders then they will show up in Roundcube:

# cd /home/admin/imap/domain.com/user/Maildir
# mv .Folder.Subfolder .INBOX.Folder.Subfolder

What if those folder simply aren't there ?

drwxrwx--- 5 alqua mail 4096 2008-04-17 00:47 .
drwxrwx--- 3 alqua mail 4096 2008-04-16 23:02 ..
drwxrwx--- 2 alqua mail 4096 2008-04-17 00:47 cur
-rw------- 1 alqua mail 180 2008-04-16 23:38 dovecot.index
-rw------- 1 alqua mail 19456 2008-04-17 00:47 dovecot.index.cache
-rw------- 1 alqua mail 820 2008-04-17 00:47 dovecot.index.log
-rw------- 1 alqua mail 158 2008-04-16 23:38 dovecot-uidlist
drwxrwx--- 2 alqua mail 4096 2008-04-16 23:38 new
drwxrwx--- 2 alqua mail 4096 2008-04-16 23:33 tmp

Back