RoundCube Upgrade Errors

eger

Verified User
Used custombuild for first time today to upgrade the roundcube install from RC1 to the latest stable (0.1.1).

I received these errors from the command line:
Code:
[root@womp custombuild]# ./build roundcube
--11:29:56--  http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/roundcube/roundcubemail-0.1.1.tar.gz
           => `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/roundcubemail-0.1.1.tar.gz'
Resolving files.directadmin.com... 72.35.85.222
Connecting to files.directadmin.com|72.35.85.222|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 1,411,472 (1.3M) [application/x-gzip]

100%[====================================================>] 1,411,472    327.24K/s    ETA 00:00

11:30:01 (302.95 KB/s) - `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/roundcubemail-0.1.1.tar.gz' saved [1411472/1411472]

cp: cannot stat `/var/www/html/roundcube/temp/*': No such file or directory
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 6 in file: 'SQL/mysql.update.sql': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ALTER TABLE `cache`
  DROP INDEX `cache_key`,
  DROP INDEX `session_id`,
  ADD I' at line 4
Editing roundcube configuration...
Roundcube has been installed successfully.
[root@womp custombuild]#

I was actually able to login to the new version which seems to be updated (have not full ytested it yet). However these errors are troubling and probably should be addressed.

Anyone know what these errors are and what didn't happen correctly so I can double check?

OK, I was a little premature on the trigger here. This is actually a RoundCube fault. Here is what I did to ensure it was properly updated.

/var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.1.1/SQL/mysql.update.sql has an error on line 8, it is missing a semi-colon. The correct upgrade file should be:
Code:
-- RoundCube Webmail update script for MySQL databases
-- Updates from version 0.1-stable to 0.1.1

TRUNCATE TABLE `messages`;

ALTER TABLE `messages`
  DROP INDEX `idx`,
  DROP INDEX `uid`;

ALTER TABLE `cache`
  DROP INDEX `cache_key`,
  DROP INDEX `session_id`,
  ADD INDEX `user_cache_index` (`user_id`,`cache_key`);

ALTER TABLE `users`
    ADD INDEX `username_index` (`username`),
    ADD INDEX `alias_index` (`alias`);

Notice the added semi-colon on line 8 after "`uid`".

Then to upgrade the database I had to get the mysql password for da_admin inside /usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf.

I was then able to run the following command (using the password when prompted):
Code:
mysql -u da_admin -p roundcubemail < /var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.1.1/SQL/mysql.update.sql

I am not sure the consequences of not upgrading... But it should be properly done none the less.

Also note this new version seems to render pretty bad in firefox... Not too happy about that since it was pretty flawless in RC1 :(

EDIT: Cleared cache and now is looking fine. Upgrade complete!

Last edited:
Back