Live payment idea

Wunk

Verified User
Right.., I thought of a pretty nifty concept, which I'm not gonne share (yet) ;)..

Basically it would require the following:

User signs up through a page.., automagically gets 1 MB diskspace quota'ed, no mailaccount, 1 subdomain (for example: username.nonchoosabledomainname.com), and 10 MB traffic..

(you still with me here ? ;) )

Okay.., user happily starts uploading, and using the resources provided.., and ack.., runs out.., his domain gets suspended.., in his CP are buttons: 'Buy more bandwith' and 'Buy more diskspace'

User clicks a button.., and gets redirected to an external site which handles micropayments through the telephone (www.mobilemoney.biz), it calls a page: validate.asp, which gives a PIN code and asks for a return code.., to get this code, the user calls the expensive number, enters the PIN on his phone, and gets the code.. (at this point, you get paid a share of the phone costs the user makes)
If this code is entered correctly, validate.asp either returns a value of 1, or a longer xml output (choosable)

Result, user gets +1MB diskspace permanently, or +100MB traffic (depending on which upgrade he/she requested).. till it runs out again.. (so it doesn't need to be reset at the end of the month), plus if if the subdomain/site was already locked.., it gets unsuspended, the traffic set to 100MB

How doable would this be to add in DA through API calls ?

Back