Mailing list help

cooperti

Verified User
Hello. I'm having some trouble managing my MajorDomo mailing list. Everything works fine, but it seems that the default settings allow ANYONE to post to the list. This is unacceptable.

I've tried adding my e-mail address to the RESTRICT POST field. However, when I try to post a message, I get a bounce error that tells me that the post request came from a non-member. This is strange because I've actually subscribed to the list. Is there something I need to do to make myself the OWNER?

My previous experiences with MajorDomo have required me to submit posts through the list name e-mail alias. (LIST_NAME@MY_DOMAIN.COM). It seems that DirectAdmin has created an e-mail alias for my list name because it won't let me create one -- it says it already exists, but I don't see it listed on my POP3 accounts screen.

I've tried to access the list service e-mail alias account via Outlook (using LIST_NAME@MY_DOMAIN.COM and the administrative password for the list.) However, I get a bad login error in Outlook.

Can anyone help me figure out a way to restrict posts

Back