A few *bugs*

ircman

Verified User
1. The bandwidth statistics are not up-to-date on the show all users tab. They do not correspond with the bandwidth stats at the user information itself.

2. When using file manager as a normal user, you do not see how much KB/MB a sertain folder is taking up.
All folders are the same size as in 4.00, and it does not count the whole inside of that folder.

3. A user has over 25 mb of image files, and Da say's that the total disk usage is only 2mb ?!

Thats it for now :)

Cedric

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

1) the bandwidth in the tabs would be the total bandwidth for everything, including DA usage and other non-domain releated items. The stats on the user page would be more broken down.

2) the filesize of the directories are 4k because that's how much space the directory uses. On the drive it's only really storing the name/link information of the folder (same as 'ls -l'). I agree would be helpful to show directory content sizes instead, but that would realy bog things down if it were to recalculate the directory filesizes each load. If DA had to recursively read all file sizes for each directory every time the page was loaded, that could potentially take a very long time to load the page if there were many files and very deep directory trees.

3) The tally is run nightly which recounts all of this data. We may be changing the disk usage to be updated on a more realtime basis using the quota system, but that's somethign that needs to be looked into further.

John

John, tnx for your answer.

You are right on point 2, and on 3 it would be a nice addon if the statistics where more up to date.

But on point 1, about the bandwidth the number on the show all users page, is much lower than the bandwidth on the user specific page. So what you are saying would be the other way arround.
So this is still a small problem i think.

---

Cedric

Hello,

Try running:
Code:
echo "action=cache&value=showallusers" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
John

It should stay updated on it's own. It also should be rebuilt nightly (at least), but any changes will cause the line for that user to be updated.

John

Hmm does it only update @ night ?

Because i get emails: user ircman has used 95,89% of his bandwidth
And when i look on DA.. it say's nothing like that...

So more up-to-date stats are preferable.

Cedric

Hello,

The bandwidth/quota stats are tallied nightly, but you can make it update more often by just changing the cron in /etc/cron.d/directadmin_cron. The "show all users" page will be updated from the stats in the user.conf and user.usage whenever a relevant change is made (and nightly)

John

Don't forget that this tally seems to restart Apache every tally. This makes a cupple of seconds of down-time and I often don't appreciate the fact that I get a cupple of seconds down-time when browsing a website...every 10 minutes ;)

I might actually be able to change the restart to a reload (HUP).. becaues all the tally is really doing to apache is rotating the logs... unless of course a user gets suspended, then new httpd.conf's are used..

John

Back