Bug mailboxes

ChAtEr

Verified User
I have create a pop box, and i cant login. My mail client ask for the correct user/password, en thats correct. If I login with the webmail system, i can login. Then click I on messages, and get I the following errors:
security=true; $smarty->secure_dir=array("./"); $smarty->compile_dir = $temporary_directory; $smarty->assign("umLanguageFile",$selected_language.".txt"); $smarty->assign("umEmail",$f_email); $jssource = " "; //$smarty->debugging = true; $smarty->assign("umServerType",strtoupper($mail_server_type)); switch(strtoupper($mail_server_type)) { case "DETECT": break; case "ONE-FOR-EACH": $aval_servers = count($mail_servers); $smarty->assign("umAvailableServers",$aval_servers); if(!$aval_servers) die("You must set at least one server in \$mail_servers, please review your config.php"); if ($aval_servers == 1) { $strServers = "@".$mail_servers[0]["domain"]." "; } else { $strServers = "\r"; for($i=0;$i<$aval_servers;$i++) { $sel = ($i == $six)?" selected":""; $strServers .= "@".$mail_servers[$i]["domain"]."\r"; } $strServers .= "\r"; } $smarty->assign("umServer",$strServers); break; case "ONE-FOR-ALL": break; default: die("Unknown server mode, please see config.php"); } $smarty->assign("umUser",$f_user); $smarty->assign("umPass",$f_pass); $smarty->assign("umJS",$jssource); $avallangs = count($languages); if($avallangs == 0) die("You must provide at least one language"); $avalthemes = count($themes); if($avalthemes == 0) die("You must provide at least one theme"); $smarty->assign("umAllowSelectLanguage",$allow_user_change_language); $func($textout); if($allow_user_change_language) { $def_lng = (is_numeric($lid))?$lid:$default_language; $langsel = "\r"; for($i=0;$i<$avallangs;$i++) { $selected = ($lid == $i)?" selected":""; $langsel .= "".$languages[$i]["name"]."\r"; } $langsel .= "\r"; $smarty->assign("umLanguages",$langsel); } $smarty->assign("umAllowSelectTheme",$allow_user_change_theme); if($allow_user_change_theme) { $def_tem = (is_numeric($tid))?$tid:$default_theme; $themsel = "\r"; for($i=0;$i<$avalthemes;$i++) { $selected = ($tid == $i)?" selected":""; $themsel .= "".$themes[$i]["name"]."\r"; } $themsel .= "\r"; $smarty->assign("umThemes",$themsel); } $smarty->display("$selected_theme/login.htm");

if i reinstall webmail (usr/local/directadmin/scripts/webmail.sh), webmail works again. I can than login, and get the same errors. With any other mailbox works everthing fine.

Thats strange because webmail and the account have nothing to do with one another. I would use SquirrelMail, I have removed the older webmail from our servers.

It only happens with that one account?

existenz said:
Thats strange because webmail and the account have nothing to do with one another. I would use SquirrelMail, I have removed the older webmail from our servers.

It only happens with that one account?

yes, it only happens with that account. I tryed to delete the account and create him again, it doesn't work. I now that linux works met big letters (hoofdleters, Aaa).

Hello,

Is php disabled for that account? Since the php_engine flag might be set to off, webmail might also be turned off. Either turn it on, or try using the ip instead of the domain for testing.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

Is php disabled for that account? Since the php_engine flag might be set to off, webmail might also be turned off. Either turn it on, or try using the ip instead of the domain for testing.

John

php is enabled. with the ip; the same problem.

Truely odd. Even with bad form data, php shouldn't stop parsing the script. The only thing I can recommend is a recompile of php... not sure that will do anything, but it's worth a shot.

John

Truely odd. Even with bad form data, php shouldn't stop parsing the script. The only thing I can recommend is a recompile of php... not sure that will do anything, but it's worth a shot.

John

and how do i do this?

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/customapache
./build clean
./build php
John

okay, there are no errors anymore @ the webmail system. Now do i get @ pop3 and webmail the badlogin-message. how do i fix this?

Try resetting the passwords, else have a look in your /var/log/message and /var/log/maillog for pop errors if there are any.

John

Mar 22 17:22:38 xerionhosting vm-pop3d[2531]: Connect from 127.0.0.1
Mar 22 17:22:38 xerionhosting vm-pop3d[2531]: Unable to use teddybeer's mailbox; using /dev/null for testing
Mar 22 17:22:38 xerionhosting vm-pop3d[2531]: User 'teddybeer' of 'vbfreakz.nl' logged in from 127.0.0.1
Mar 22 17:22:38 xerionhosting vm-pop3d[2531]: Session ended for user: teddybeer of vbfreakz.nl from 127.0.0.1

Hello,

That's fine.. it just means he has no email inbox yet. Once some email is sent, the file is created and the real file is used.

John

Hello,

That's fine.. it just means he has no email inbox yet. Once some email is sent, the file is created and the real file is used.

John

I've send a mail. Webmail works. POP3 works not. This client use the mailclient "netscape", i think that that is the problem. Outlook works.

By default Outlook should be using pop3.

So it's possible that Netscape (which can be set for either pop3 or for imap) is where the problem lies.

if you set up a mailbox for me, and send me the username and password I'll be happy to test it for you with Netscape and a few other clients as well, and let you know if it's working.

Jeff

jlasman said:
By default Outlook should be using pop3.

So it's possible that Netscape (which can be set for either pop3 or for imap) is where the problem lies.

if you set up a mailbox for me, and send me the username and password I'll be happy to test it for you with Netscape and a few other clients as well, and let you know if it's working.

Jeff

The IMAP service is installed on the system.

You can test with:
Hostname: vbfreakz.nl or 213.196.8.30
Username: [email protected]
Password: test
The services (pop, smtp, imap) runs on the normal ports.

Back