Use custombuild with plesk

grockord

Verified User
Hello!

I love DA and I always recommend it for my clients, but one client needs plesk and buy me a dedicated server with this horrible control panel. Can I use Custombuild for install some app in a server with Fedora7+Plesk8.3? Taking into account the limitations logic, using the custombuild mainly for Apache, PHP, MySQL and suPHP.

Thanks!

Yes, you can, but you need to change some paths and edit the whole script (there are some parts that are specially written for DirectAdmin).

Yes, you can, but you need to change some paths and edit the whole script (there are some parts that are specially written for DirectAdmin).

Thanks! Only for apache and php is needed this paths change?

I'm not sure this is going to work because in the past Plesk has always used their own custom RPMs.

smtalk, are you sure this will work?

Jeff

Yes, it will, but as I said - paths need to be changed :) As well as PHP and Apache configuration files. You don't need to use RPM packages with Plesk if you know how to change them with compiled ones :)

So I guess the real answer is that you can do it if you know how to do it and you'll never need support from Plesk/Parallels.

Jeff

Back