admin user and ssh

existenz

Verified User
I added a new admin user and I was unable to ssh into the box with that username. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Did you add the new user to the sshd_config file with the rest?

I guess I should have asked more.

WHY does it not add the user? Any new admin I create is unable to ssh into the server. I think this is a error.

I wouldn't all it an error. Mor elike a feature request to add new admins to ssh as an option, not by default.

Obviously I need to ask this as a feature but correct me if you see something wrong, the idea of the additional admins is so that they can administer the server. Those should have ssh access by default?

Hello,

SSH access is granted for admin's by default. If it's not working properly, then something's up. Perhaps the sshd isn't being HUP'ed successfully.

"admin" is addd to the sshd_config during the install, along with root. Was it missing when you checked that file?

John

That is not what I am saying. *Other* added 'admins' should be granted ssh access. For example if you have many admins each should be able to ssh into the box...

DA does not appear to automatically add this user to the sshd_config. We should have the option to add those users when the account it created.

Back