Some Suggestions

S2S-Robert

Verified User
I also have a server running cPanel/WHM (I know that's like swearing in church here;)), and there are some features on it I would certainly like to see incorperated in DA. Hey, you can always learn from the competition right? :D

Usefull features:

* DNS Clustering
* Store bandwith (/ disk quota) statistics for the previous months
* General CPU/Memory/MySQL Usage
* change user ownership / domain ownership
* Show current Mysql Processes

Nice features when time permits:

* Modify suspended account page from within DA
* Server time & sync with time server
* Set mysql root password

Now you can argue about whether or not to incorperate them, but especially the 5 features in the top list are very usefull for my business. Some may like it, some won't (some even try to keep DA pointless feature free:p), but at least those features I myself especially liked.

Last edited:
S2S-Robert said:
(some even try to keep DA pointless feature free:p)

Actually, I agree with most, 2 I disagree with are:

* Show current Mysql Processes
* <snip>sync with time server (keep the normal set time option there)

Not sure about * Modify suspended account page from within DA (from within the panel..)

I am certainly for the option to change ownership of a specific domain to any reseller (That option is beyond handy, and a feature I use alot in ensim :)), the others (apart from DNS, maybe) I probably wouldn't use although I agree that they are features that deserve space in the panel over features such features as Meta Tag generators (thats more or less what I relate to as pointless)

Chris

I also agree with most those. :)

The mysql processes should already be listed in services stats page.

John

With regard to the mysql processes I was talking about the function cPanel offers:

Code:
+--------+------------------+-----------+-----------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
| Id     | User             | Host      | db              | Command | Time | State | Info             |
+--------+------------------+-----------+-----------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
With all of the information below. I believe that's also quite easy to implement.

Most of those features have to do with better system service overview. Tracking which users put how much load on the system and where in the system the bottlenecks lie.

S2S-Robert said:
With regard to the mysql processes I was talking about the function cPanel offers:

Code:
| Id     | User             | Host      | db              | Command | Time | State | Info             |
With all of the information below. I believe that's also quite easy to implement.

As I mentioned above, not really looking for this although i'd assume it has its own page and is easily removeable... :p

The question I wanted to ask (since you have a cpanel system there I guess) - is that page refereshed every few seconds to gather fresh data or simply just one static page with the processes when (and only when) you opened the page?

If it's static, that would be *extremely* easy to implement...

Chris

ProWebUK said:
As I mentioned above, not really looking for this although i'd assume it has its own page and is easily removeable... :p

The question I wanted to ask (since you have a cpanel system there I guess) - is that page refereshed every few seconds to gather fresh data or simply just one static page with the processes when (and only when) you opened the page?

If it's static, that would be *extremely* easy to implement...

Chris
It's static, but even so, you could add some html statement refresh = 5 right?

Let me also clarify the "General CPU/Memory/MySQL Usage", although this is certainly not easy to implement.
General%20CPU-Memory-MySQL%20Usage.jpg

Mind you I was rebuilding apache and doing some heavy stuff, normaly the stats look quite more favourable, but this is a nice example day ;)

Back