Welcome emails not being sent

webone

Verified User
EIDT: Seems I was premature in posting this. The emails have arrived but they took 2 hours to get here (on all accounts) :confused:

Hi,

I'm logged into directadmin as "ADMIN", I click reseller (bottom left) to access the reseller panel, I click on create accounts to create a user account, everything works hunky dory apart from the user doesn't get the welcome email.

Side note: they do get the email if I use the "resend welcome email" feature.

Any clues?

Thanks! :D

EDIT: I've just discovered that the emails *do* get sent if I "customise" the package before hitting submit. However, the welcome emails don't get sent if I just create a user *without* hitting customise.

Last edited:
Hello,

If they are being sent, they should be sent out almost instantly.. it's possible that the queue is plugged up with spam.. but I know my old ISP used to take a heck of a long time from receiving the mail to actually putting it in my inbox.. Perhaps try a different email address, or a domain on the server and see if that speeds things up.

John

Or show us all the headers on the email that got delayed; if you show them to us I can help you understand how to interpret them to find the reason for the delay.

Jeff

Thanks for the help guys!

It was actually my host! I switched and now they come down instantly :D

Back