Date :(

knorde

Verified User
Hello,

I have a very strange problem:

When i send mail with my mailserver to domains into my server the date is always january.
When i send mail with my mailserver to another domains not listed in my server the date is ok.

I have this problem only when i have the option in outlook authentication required on.
But when i turn that off i can't send mail...
I have try this on 4 computers but still not working...
Plz help me :(

Hello,

The mailserver uses the system date. If the system date is correct, then some other mailserver has a wrong time set.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

The mailserver uses the system date. If the system date is correct, then some other mailserver has a wrong time set.

John
The system date is correct.
I send a mail from my own mailserver to my own mailserver (the same mailserver) and the time is incorrect only when i checked the option authentication required...

I have found the solution:

I have to check the option first login to incomming email before send en that works fine :)
Thanx!

It is 1 may and now i have the same problem :|
Is this a bug or can anybody give me a solution?
I search hours and hours but can't find anything :(

I don't understand, because you previously said everything worked if you logged in to check email first.

That would tend to indicate the problem is in your mail client.

If you're sure the problem is in your mailserver and not in any of the mail clients used to check, then you need someone with unix/linux experience to look into the system for you and try to figure out the problem.

Jeff

Now finaly we find the problem...
Exim has a dutch language and the server english...
The month April is the same in dutch and english
That's why it worked correct for 1 month...
Now exim is english to and it works fine...
That was the problem!
Thanx for the support!

Back