Language packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatron

To make it simple & short: do you, DA developers, have intention to finally adapt DiarectAdmin, so we can make language packs that works? Please, don't just hit "reply" and point me to Translating hardcoded DirectAdmin results, I think you know that's not what I'm talking about.
Do you need help? I'm willing to work hard with you on this, if you want to.

Don't get me wrong, I like DA, and I don't need language pack - my customers do!

We do, and it's on our todo list. The current holdback is the scope of the task to translate all 50,000 lines of text, where each line needs to be tokenized for variables. At some point, we'll just have to start implementing it with the always-visible texts, and slowly add more as time progresses. The standard visible things like tables wouldn't be too painful to implement.. but it's all the error messages for each task that would bog down the process (which happens to also be less important intially, as assuming everything is working correctly, they're not seen as often)

John

I think you guys should try to split up the work on this. 50,000 is just neverending. It's not easy to translate technical stuff.

How about creating some kind of wiki or project management page to make this happen ? So we can all assume some responsibilities.

My view is that DA will finally include most main languages, and not have to deal with 3rd party commercial skins.

I am willing to take on some of this responsbility. I'm sure my the spanish DA community is willing to help.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back