Reseller IP?

Tim

Verified User
with my admin user i add all the users for myself, not a problem. (NOT using the server ip!)

i created a reseller with a new 'fresh' ip (so he can use his own IP), not a problem

but now i added 1 IP for other resellers (So, 1 IP for 999 resellers)

How can i fix this? Or the reseller has is really own IP or it's using the server IP :(

How do i add everything to share 1 IP over more resellers?

The IP's in DA are setup so that the server IP is the shared IP over all the Resellers. If you want to use a different IP to be shared over all Resellers, you can just add the IP to their ip.list file.

After the Reseller is created, add the shared IP to /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/resellername/ip.list

This can be done using the cusotm scripts:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/user_create_post.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh

if [ $usertype = "reseller" ]; then
    echo "1.2.3.4" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/$username/ip.list
fi
exit 0;
Just chmod that to 755 and give it a try (not tested).

John

i did what you said, but i still can't add clients with that reseller and that IP address.

But by IP MAnager i see the IP address.

why is it so difficult :(

I just want to have:

1 server ip - for dns (x.x.x.1) (not a problem)
1 admin ip - for hosting (x.x.x.2) (not a problem)
1 shared reseller ip - for resellers (x.x.x.3) (problem!)
x IP's for resellers with one IP (x.x.x.4 / x.x.x.5 etc) (not a problem)

and one isseu is that the default reseller domain is pointed to the Server IP! I don't want that, it must be pointing to his own of shared reseller IP

Last edited:
You could also try setting the 2nd server shared IP to be of type "server", and change the actual server IP to be just shared. I havn't tested that, but would give you the effect you'd want.

cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ips
#edit the IP you want to give to all Resellers
#set the following values (ignore others)
status=server
reseller=

#edit the real server IP
status=shared
reselelr=admin

That will allow you to create all new Resellers correctly.

I think we should look into creating a new IP type, similar to the server IP, but such that multiple Resellers can use it.

The reseller can change his current IP by modify his own User account. (List / Modify Users -> Modify my own User data)

John

I'll give it a try later.

The reseller has now the good IP, but apache is still using the wrong IP (server IP, the ip that he got first)

DirectAdmin Support said:
I think we should look into creating a new IP type, similar to the server IP, but such that multiple Resellers can use it.

The reseller can change his current IP by modify his own User account. (List / Modify Users -> Modify my own User data)

John [/B]

I was looking for something exactly like this... so my guess is so far, your suggesting for changing the IP type is the only way to do this?

Because now, even I I have IP's assigned to the admin reseller, I go to create a reseller, select "Reseller IP's" for the reseller's ip's, I get an error saying no ips were assigned to the reseller.

Linh

Hello,

An IP must be "status=shared" if you are to assign it to multiple users.

How many IP's are available in the IP Manager? and how many are you trying to assign in the Reseller's package?

John

Well, what I wanted to do is what the original poster was trying to get, share one ip for x number of resellers I create.

I have 3 IP's assigned to the admin that are set as "shared." And when I go and create a reseller account and have use "Reseller IPs" it always fails.

Linh

DirectAdmin Support said:
You could also try setting the 2nd server shared IP to be of type "server", and change the actual server IP to be just shared. I havn't tested that, but would give you the effect you'd want.

cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ips
#edit the IP you want to give to all Resellers
status=server
reseller=

#edit the real server IP
status=shared
reselelr=admin

That will allow you to create all new Resellers correctly.

John

Quick question regarding this again.. will this break anything regarding licensing? I had done this, but I'm not sure what else I may have done to cause DA not to start. It kept saying there was a mismatch in IP's.

Linh

Back