IP problems while adding user account

Flydesign.nl

Verified User
Hello,

I have some problems with my new DirectAdmin server, maybe someone can help me out!

At this moment I'm using 2 IP-adresses and I have 3 admin accounts. In the future there will be added more reseller and user accounts to the server.

The point is that only 1 reseller can be assigned to the second IP-adress. So when the second admin want to use both the IP-adresses, that isn't possible. In my eyes, that must be possible. The next problem is that the second admin or any other reseller isn't able to add user accounts. Every time I get the following error:
Unable to Create User

Details
A valid IP was not provided
The difference between the add forms is clear: the main admin account has a drow-down to select an IP, the other accounts don't have this option. The drop-down says: 'none'.

I think that it must be possible to add an unlimited number of accounts to DirectAdmin with only 2 IP's. Does anyone know the problem or fault I'm making.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Edwin

Hello,

Create some User packages.

There is going to be a check for that in the next release.

Also, to let more Resellers use the same shared IP, just add that ip to their /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/reseller/ip.list file.

John

Thank you for the reply! It solves several problems :D

But i'm affraid I have a new problem with my e-mail. I can't send or receive any mails. In the error log of DA I found this:

Code:
An error occured while sending the mail
2004:04:07-02:03:53: Error sending email to spiekhout for account creation
2004:04:07-02:03:53: An error occured while sending the mail
2004:04:07-02:03:53: Error sending email to spiekhout for account creation

I tried to restart the exim services. Maybe the problem is that I have been trying to install Mailscanner/ClamAV/SpamAssassin. I have replaced the backups of the files I changed in the HOWTO. But still I can't send or receive e-mail.

Hello,

Looks like exim is returning a non-zero value.. that's all DA is given, so have a look in the /var/log/exim/mainlog for clues.

John

Back