How long for dovecot upgrade

paulcowper

Verified User
Hello all, long time no post :)

I have just upgraded by the custombuild method. it seemed to go through all the mailbox's durin the custom build session and the custom build ended happy as far as i can tell. but now it seems no mail clients can find any mail.

I have checked with all 3 web clients and thunderbird on my pc. yet it is as if the mailbox's are empty, i have telneted in and saw that Dovecot was handeling the session. I have gone through the Maildir folder for that email account and can clearly see there are some mails in the cur folder and LOTS in the new folder (this mailbox was around 2gig).

Squirrel mail specificly gives me the error...
ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Reason Given: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2008-07-09 14:51:16]

Now im just getting worried that something has screwed up... or is dovecot still doing the conversion, bearing in mind there are most likely 8 gig of emails on the server in total.

any ideas?

Cheers
Paul

Hello,

Were you using dovecot prior to upgrading?

David

Nope, it would have been the old Mail format. where the mailboxes were stored in the Mail folder...

just an update... although this was transfered on the same version of da from one to another... then upgraded after. im now running the set permissions script, see if that helps

Last edited:
Hello,

When you upgrade to dovecot there is also a "./build todovecot" that has to be run in order to move the mailboxes, etc....

I haven't done it with custombuild so I'm not sure if there is anything else that need to be done as well... I'm guessing that is probably the issue you are seeing.

David

Ok. i did that (i fear i duplicated every users email :S )

and still no workie.. on thunderbird i now get the following error...

The STAT command did not success. Error getting message number and sizes. Mail server xxxxx.com responded:

Ok an update...

After searching around, it does seem to me that the mailbox will break if the users mailbox goes over there directadmin quota (not the mail quota) this is where my issue is coming from by the looks of things.

ive also noticed this crop up a fair few times on the forums.

ill see how it goes

Back