Account creator

CyberAlien

Verified User
Hello,

Is there any api function or any file (similar to /etc/virtual/domainowners) that can be used to detect creator of user account (and that function shouldn't require admin access)?

Do you mean the current logged in user (under skin context)? Something like %ENV{USER}?

Granted true, I don't think there's anything yet.

Hello,

I don't think so. A user shouldn't be able to get a list of domains and creators.. it's not really within the scope of what they should be allowed to do. The /etc/virtual/domainowners should be world readable anyway, so as long as the script is on the server you could just read it directly.

John

Thanks for replies.

Can you add following token to next version of directadmin:
|USERNAME|
|RESELLERNAME|
|ADMINNAME|

|USERNAME| is already there and it shows name of current user
|RESELLERNAME| should show name of current user if he is reseller/admin or name or reseller who created current user
|ADMINNAME| should show name of admin who created reseller who created current user

FreeBSDGuy gave interesting idea about skin branding. With these tokens i can make skin configurable so reseller could set his own logo and url of logo would be written in something like /home/reseller_name/.skin_name or /home/admin_name/.skin_name (if reseller doesn't have that file). So skin would read its configuration from those files and set custom logo or enable/disable features based on what admin and reseller has configured.

Hmm. I don't believe DA knows the difference between the reseller and admin, since admins are resellers. Not sure though.

So just %ENV{CREATOR} then?

l0rdphi1 said:
Hmm. I don't believe DA knows the difference between the reseller and admin, since admins are resellers. Not sure though.
It knows level of current user and can detect who created account and that should be enough. So if current user is "reseller" then its creator is "admin" (i mean level, not username), and if current user is "user" then check if there is creator of creator of current user. Should be easy to implement.

I see what you mean. Why do you need the creator of the creator though? :)

So admin could enable/disable some features of skin for resellers and users of those resellers.

Back