Fedora Support

DennisCitus

Verified User
Can you give some more information about when u will support Fedora?

I just installed Fedora on one of my new servers and would really like to use it. (I used to use RH9)

And because of the good price and the ammount of users I decided to pick DirectAdmin.

But... when can we expect Fedora Support? (I was also unable to find any information about OS'SES on ur website)

Hello,

We unofficially support it. We have made a few changes to the setup.sh so that people can try it out, but we've never personally run it before. A few people have stated they got it working, and I've creted a new services pack for it (basically just static binaries from redhat 9.0), so if you want to try it you can, but it's not officially supported yet (use redhat 9.0 in the license).

John

now, days before the end of support for RH9, we are waiting to the official support of Fedora to implement new servers... hope no take too much time

Same issue here, we are not prepared to wait to long. Can you give me an estimated time? Does 2 weeks seem reasonable? Or should we think more like 2 months?

Takes no more than an hour (maximum 2) with downtime of typically no more than 15 minutes for the redhat > fedora upgrade. (that of course depends on your network)

We still have 25 days left, I think we should certainly have fedora by then, and possible (likely?) RHEL also.

Chris

Yes, we will have working Fedora *and* RHEL ES versions within 25 days, although they will be classified as beta. Fortunately we haven't hit any major snags (e.g. downtime) in a beta version yet, so we anticipate high stability with the Fedora/ES versions.

Mark

You can upgrade a 9 system to fedora and it works fine, just to need update the exim rpm and its done (I think thats it :))

The paths are the same, yes.

Chris

I have Fedora working in production right now.

Here is the folder with all the Fedora version RPMs.

http://files.directadmin.com/services/fedora_1/

When I originally did my install that folder contained like one or two files. Everything is working and I am having no problems.

Yes, it was a little bit of trouble getting everything working. However with all those new files there it's probably easier to do it today than it was for me to do originally.

If you guys need me to post any files up, just ask.

Thanks!

How can I access this filder?
I get a "Forbidden" error.

I have already installed Fedora on a new box and will move the user backups next week.

Hopefully all works well ;-)

Mike

Back