old issue, but still there

Lem0nHead

Verified User
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17362

I though it would be solved by now without the need of additional configuration
(I think a simple solution would be do not use index files when can't create them... at least things would work)

anyway, if it really isn't, anyone tried the:
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/var/no-quotas/index/%u:CONTROL=/var/no-quotas/control/%u
?

also, should I copy the old index files to the new partition or dovecot will just create new files?

also, should I copy the old index files to the new partition or dovecot will just create new files?
You should never move index files. You can always delete index files. They'll be recreated when the user next logs in; the time taken will be very short.

Jeff

You should never move index files. You can always delete index files. They'll be recreated when the user next logs in; the time taken will be very short.

Jeff

hm, so all I need to do something like:

mkdir -p /var/dovecot/index
mkdir /var/dovecot/control

add this line on config:
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/var/dovecot/index/%u:CONTROL=/var/dovecot/control/%u

dovecot restart
?

thanks,
Luis Fernando

As I wrote in the other thread; we don't do this, so I don't have experience to feel comfortable responding. If no one else responds, then perhaps you can try it (after making backups, of course).

Jeff

hello
I tried that on a new server, and it worked fine :)
just a notice

that's needed:
chmod 770 /var/dovecot
chown dovecot:mail /var/dovecot

you'll also need to manually create the index/ and control/ subdirs (don't let dovecot create it, or it will have the ownership of the first user to access their E-mail) and set the same permission/ownership as above

one more thing
you should manually copy the "subscriptions" file to the new control/ structure if you want to keep subscribed folders

Back