DA to freebsd services migration

tsiou

Verified User
I see that people using freebsd are interested in migrating DA services to freebsd ports.
I did it for all of DA's services a year ago and works fine. I would like to write a how to for all of them.
The problem is that i don't remember all of the details. I have some notes but to be able to write a complete how to i need to test it.
If someone has a testing server or has a server without customers and likes to participate i'm willing to help him setup it and make a how to of it.

Hi.

I think this a good idea to use DA with services installed from freebsd ports!
Also this may be some project for using DA on FreeBSD!

of course, this is not for newbies, more for advanced administrators, that know what they do and what they want. I prefer this way.

tsiou i've written you private message, please see.
We can cooperate on this project or howtos.

I don't have free server but I could setup freebsd jail system with real ip on one of my servers and provide you with root access. Jail has some limitations, but not very hard. I have a lot of busy projects working fine in jails.

Another question is DA license, but i think we could ask the Directadmin team to provide us free license for non commercial use and for popularization of DA on freebsd and writing a howtos.

Now i have a server =)
With FreeBSD 7.0 64-bit.
It was installed just a few days ago. So i think it will be a great testing item for writing guide.
tsiou, you can contact me in ICQ: 595795, or email: vs[dog]ruip.ru
I would be very pleased if you help to set up this server and write guide for others... =)

PS Server has 6GB RAM, RAID1 over gmirror...

BTW DA license already purchased for server...

Back