Perl problemo

softex

Verified User
Here we go again. Probably a simple thing, and I know I've been down this road before, but I can't seem to get it. Can run simple perl script from command line, but can't from browser. Internal server error and 403 Forbidden error. Permissions should be OK. Using fresh RedHat9 small and DirectAdmin. Apache (mis)configuration? Script aliasing problem? Getting close to my witzend. Help.
-Dave

Hi,
Here's the error log:

[Tue Apr 6 21:21:56 2004] [error] [client 209.89.159.21] Premature end of script headers: /home/sales/domains/albertawebsites.com/public_html/cgi-bin/test.pl
[Tue Apr 6 21:21:56 2004] [error] [client 209.89.159.21] (13)Permission denied: cannot read directory for multi: /home/sales/domains/albertawebsites.com/public_html/

Initially, I had perl problems with the Ensim panel as well. I know security has to be somewhat tight with these scripts, but unravelling these perl permissions on a fresh install is a real pain. Sure appreciate any insights.

-Dave

Whats the permission on the public_html? Try setting it to 755 if it isn't already.

John

Back